Advertising Field v2.1
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

radianTEclipseForums Review

2 posters

Go down

Completed radianTEclipseForums Review

Post by Fiction 2011-09-06, 23:57

Forum Name: RadiantEclispeForums
Forum Url: http://radianteclipseforums.forumotion.com/forum
Sections: All

You can use your accounts xD
Fiction
Fiction
Super Staff
Super Staff

REF Founder
Credits : 787

http://radianteclipseforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Completed Re: radianTEclipseForums Review

Post by Dumbledore27 2011-09-07, 12:17

Tagged.

Since both myself and Trauma are staff members on the forum, I will create another account "The Inspector" and review the forum from a normal member's view. Smile

Expect this to be done while I'm waiting to see if my hard drive has already arrived, that is within 2 hours Razz

Moved to Forum Reviews. You accidentally posted it in Archives.
Dumbledore27
Dumbledore27
Founder
Founder

Credits : 7551
Location : Earth:\Europe\Central_Europe\Slovenia\home\livingroom\room.swf

https://advertisingfield.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dumbledore27 2011-09-07, 13:19

radianTEclipseForums Review Review10

**Radiant Eclipse Forums**

Founder: **Fiction**

Forum Age: **153** (as of the 7th of September, 2011)

radianTEclipseForums Review Review12 Your free forum review has been completed! The review has many tips and advices on how to improve your forum. Now, here is the review:

radianTEclipseForums Review Genera12 Generalities

1. First Impressions (Score: 10/20):
    When I first viewed the homepage, I didn't really like it... The video, perhaps. Not everybody likes that kind of music or performers. And when you click Enter site it opens in a new tab, so you have to go back to previous tab to close it. Then I registered and was horrofied by how big the avatar is. I already suggested on the forum to resize it. (More about that in Images and Icons). Other than that, it seemed pretty nice. Really loved the theme though, and perhaps the banner would be better with some remake, such as removing the white background and making it transparent. It's white on black and that may not look so good.

2. Categories & Forums (Score: 3/10):
    List of forums and categories: 29 (not including subforums)
    Nice bundle of forums you've got there. Smile Some grammar would be good though. Even in German, not every word begins with capital letter (in case you want to know, only nouns do). So I don't really see why it's "Introduce Yourself Here", "Talk About Anything Here" et cetera. Titles I get it, it's correct there, but descriptions - I don't understand that. Also, word "account" seems to be abbreviated everywhere: "Post Youtube Acc.", "Twitter Acc." and "FB Acc.". A viewer might think that's how much you care about members - not enough to use the whole word.
    Also, all the swearing and cussing would repell many people. I usually wouldn't even join a forum that is like that. Especially if I were a girl (which I'm not) and I saw Spookz's topic "fuck bitches get all the money". I would suggest you have rules on that as well. Also, I find the "Movie ideas" in forum visible to everyone odd, because it talks about something only certain members can view.

Generalities total :: 13/30

radianTEclipseForums Review Forums10 Forum Layout

1. Major Graphics (Score: 7/10):
    Banner
    The banner looks nice, I like the font shadow. But, as I already mentioned, transparency would be great. Because black, and then black looks hard on the eyes in my opinion. 2/5
    Navigation Bar
    I like the navigation bar and I have no comments about it whatsoever. 5/5
  2. Forum Layout & Color Scheme (Score: 8/10):
    The collors fit really well. The purple on black. Text is clearly readable as well, since it's white. Maybe fix the background because only the right wing of the 'deathbats' is visible on the right side.
  3. Images & Icons (Score: 5/10):
    Let's first talk about the Default avatar. The deathbat has white dots around it. Perhaps find a transparent image for that or remove the white spots. The text doesn't look anything cool either. And it looks awful on posts.

Also, the locked icon doesn't make sense to me with film (the tape) around it. Perhaps add a lock to it? I like other icons though. Smile

Forum Style total :: 20/30

radianTEclipseForums Review Usergr10 Usergroups

1. Population of Groups (Score: 2/10):
    Two administrators and only a few active members - doesn't seem a very good idea.
    Two moderators seems better.
    Designers - I see member "Raze" is designing the forum by not visiting in over a week and acting hostile against administrators?
    Also, there is only one active member that isn't a staff member and he seems to have been a spammer on the forum. Would he be hired as well otherwise?

2. Staff Groups / User Groups (Score: 3/10):
    You have a good array of user groups. However if a member is given a warning, how is anybody but administrators supposed to ban them, even if their warning bar says they should be banned? Nobody can.
    So only two members, both in the same timezone, can ban members. So if somebody will spam at midnight their time and somebody will come on at that time, because it'll be 10 a.m. where they live, they'd have to let the spammer posting spam for a few hours if the spammer would want to, and then have to clean it up, which would take another hour. It would be really good if you'd fix permissions.

Usergroups :: 5/20

radianTEclipseForums Review Foruma30 Forum Activity

1. Post/Member Ratio & Quantity (Score: 8/10):
    Our users have posted a total of 1215 messages
    We have 20 registered users
    The newest registered user is shadowwolf023
    (not counting the reviewer account)
    You've got 60.75 per user on average. That's not bad. The sad thing is, 6 users have 0 posts, two have 1 post. Altogether, 14 users have under 13 posts. And watching the users, I have to bring up the thing about cussing again.

2. Users Active (Score: 3/10):
    Members connected during last 24 hours : Apocalypse, Dumbledore, Fiction, Pure, Spookz, The Inspector, Trauma
    Only two people aren't staff members. And that's quite sad. And almost every post in the Latest topics is made by Spookz, whenever I join. Does that means he replies to almost every topic others post in or does it mean he's the most active person?

Let's see the top posters. Dark has only 43 posts, which doesn't comply with your new standards for being MVP. He has reputation +1. He last visited 3 days ago, posted almost 2 weeks ago. Active?
    Raze the designer.
    Last post: 9 days ago. Last visit: 7 days ago. And has he fulfilled his job lately?

Forum Activity total :: 11/20

*49* / *100*

Reviewed by: Dumbledore27 from Advertising Field

Would you like to share your review on your forum, on another forum, or with your friends? Then here you go... grab the code!
Code:
[center][img]http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/15/18/84/68/review10.png[/img]

[color=limegreen][b][font=Trebuchet MS][size=20][url=http://radianteclipseforums.forumotion.com]**Radiant Eclipse Forums**[/url][/size][/font][/b][/color]

[size=9]Founder: **Fiction**[/size]

[size=9]Forum Age: **153**[/size] (as of the 7th of September, 2011)
[/center]

[table][tr][td][img]http://i87.servimg.com/u/f87/13/67/77/07/review12.png[/img][/td] [td]Your free forum review has been completed! The review has many tips and advices on how to improve your forum. Now, here is the review:[/td][/tr][/table]

[img]http://i87.servimg.com/u/f87/13/67/77/07/genera12.png[/img] [b][color=limegreen][size=19][font=Segoe Print]Generalities[/font][/size][/color][/b]

[list=1]
[*][b]First Impressions (Score: 10/20):[/b]
When I first viewed the homepage, I didn't really like it... The video, perhaps. Not everybody likes that kind of music or performers. And when you click Enter site it opens in a new tab, so you have to go back to previous tab to close it. Then I registered and was horrofied by how big the avatar is. I already suggested on the forum to resize it. (More about that in Images and Icons). Other than that, it seemed pretty nice. Really loved the theme though, and perhaps the banner would be better with some remake, such as removing the white background and making it transparent. It's white on black and that may not look so good.

[*][b]Categories & Forums (Score: 3/10):[/b]
[b]List of forums and categories: 29 (not including subforums)[/b]
Nice bundle of forums you've got there. :) Some grammar would be good though. Even in German, not every word begins with capital letter (in case you want to know, only nouns do). So I don't really see why it's "Introduce Yourself Here", "Talk About Anything Here" et cetera. Titles I get it, it's correct there, but descriptions - I don't understand that. Also, word "account" seems to be abbreviated everywhere: "Post Youtube Acc.", "Twitter Acc." and "FB Acc.". A viewer might think that's how much you care about members - not enough to use the whole word.
Also, all the swearing and cussing would repell many people. I usually wouldn't even join a forum that is like that. Especially if I were a girl (which I'm not) and I saw Spookz's topic "fuck bitches get all the money". I would suggest you have rules on that as well. Also, I find the "Movie ideas" in forum visible to everyone odd, because it talks about something only certain members can view.

[/list]
[color=limegreen]Generalities total :: 13/30[/color]

[img]http://i87.servimg.com/u/f87/13/67/77/07/forums10.png[/img] [b][color=darkred][size=19][font=Segoe Print]Forum Layout[/font][/color][/b][/size]

[list=1]
[*][b]Major Graphics (Score: 7/10):[/b]
[size=11][u][b]Banner[/b][/u][/size]
The banner looks nice, I like the font shadow. But, as I already mentioned, transparency would be great. Because black, and then black looks hard on the eyes in my opinion. [b]2/5[/b]
[size=11][u][b]Navigation Bar[/b][/u][/size]
I like the navigation bar and I have no comments about it whatsoever. [b]5/5[/b]
[*][b]Forum Layout & Color Scheme (Score: 8/10):[/b]
The collors fit really well. The purple on black. Text is clearly readable as well, since it's white. Maybe fix the background because only the right wing of the 'deathbats' is visible on the right side.
[*][b]Images & Icons (Score: 5/10):[/b]
Let's first talk about the Default avatar. The deathbat has white dots around it. Perhaps find a transparent image for that or remove the white spots. The text doesn't look anything cool either. And it looks awful on posts.
[img]http://i48.servimg.com/u/f48/15/18/84/68/avatar10.png[/img]

Also, the locked icon doesn't make sense to me with film (the tape) around it. Perhaps add a lock to it? I like other icons though. :)[/list]

[color=darkred]Forum Style total :: 20/30[/color]

[img]http://i87.servimg.com/u/f87/13/67/77/07/usergr10.png[/img] [b][color=teal][size=19][font=Segoe Print]Usergroups[/font][/size][/color][/b]

[list=1]
[*][b]Population of Groups (Score: 2/10):[/b]
Two administrators and only a few active members - doesn't seem a very good idea.
Two moderators seems better.
Designers - I see member "Raze" is designing the forum by not visiting in over a week and acting hostile against administrators?
Also, there is only one active member that isn't a staff member and he seems to have been a spammer on the forum. Would he be hired as well otherwise?

[*][b]Staff Groups / User Groups (Score: 3/10):[/b]
You have a good array of user groups. However if a member is given a warning, how is anybody but administrators supposed to ban them, even if their warning bar says they should be banned? Nobody can.
So only two members, both in the same timezone, can ban members. So if somebody will spam at midnight their time and somebody will come on at that time, because it'll be 10 a.m. where they live, they'd have to let the spammer posting spam for a few hours if the spammer would want to, and then have to clean it up, which would take another hour. It would be really good if you'd fix permissions.
[/list]
[color=teal]Usergroups :: 5/20[/color]

[img]http://i87.servimg.com/u/f87/13/67/77/07/foruma30.png[/img] [b][color=orange][size=19][font=Segoe Print]Forum Activity[/font][/color][/b][/size]

[list=1]
[*][b]Post/Member Ratio & Quantity (Score: 8/10):[/b]
[quote]Our users have posted a total of 1215 messages
We have 20 registered users
The newest registered user is shadowwolf023[/quote]
(not counting the reviewer account)
You've got 60.75 per user on average. That's not bad. The sad thing is, 6 users have 0 posts, two have 1 post. Altogether, 14 users have under 13 posts. And watching the users, I have to bring up the thing about cussing again.

[*][b]Users Active (Score: 3/10):[/b]
[quote]Members connected during last 24 hours : Apocalypse, Dumbledore, Fiction, Pure, Spookz, [strike]The Inspector[/strike], Trauma[/quote]
Only two people aren't staff members. And that's quite sad. And almost every post in the Latest topics is made by Spookz, whenever I join. Does that means he replies to almost every topic others post in or does it mean he's the most active person?

Let's see the top posters. Dark has only 43 posts, which doesn't comply with your new standards for being MVP. He has reputation +1. He last visited 3 days ago, posted almost 2 weeks ago. Active?
Raze the designer.
Last post: 9 days ago. Last visit: 7 days ago. And has he fulfilled his job lately?
[/list]
[color=orange]Forum Activity total :: 11/20[/color]

[center][font=Trebuchet MS][size=25][color=#0f6ec7]*49*[/color] / [color=#00d500]*100*[/color][/size]

[size=15]Reviewed by: [font=Segoe Print]Dumbledore27[/font] from [font=Monotype Corsiva][url=http://advertisingfield.forumotion.com]Advertising Field[/url][/font][/size][/font][/center]
Please note: The codes are based on Forumotion BBCodes. If you post this on another forum/website/blog, it will not look proper.
Dumbledore27
Dumbledore27
Founder
Founder

Credits : 7551
Location : Earth:\Europe\Central_Europe\Slovenia\home\livingroom\room.swf

https://advertisingfield.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dumbledore27 2011-09-10, 21:12

Review completed.

> Topic Locked